Toasting St. Patrick - tipples and toasts!
Posted by Niamh Allabyrne on the 12th of March 2014 at 12:22:56
On this most Irish of weeks, I am sure that some of you will be raising a toast to St. Patrick and the Emerald Isle! You can’t do it empty handed so here are some drink suggestions especially for the occasion with some traditional toasts you can say too! Slàinte!
Black Velvet Cocktail
(courtesy of The Guinness Storehouse)
This delicious cocktail is so quick and easy to make! And just delicious to tatse!
• ½ flute of Champagne
• ½ flute of Guinness
“Wherever you go and whatever you do may the luck of the Irish be there with you………”
Emerald Isle Cocktail
(courtesy of about.com)
• 1 ounces gin
• 1 teaspoon green crème de menthe
• 2 dashes bitters Preparation:
• Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
• Shake well.
• Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
“May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past”
Jameson Ginger & Lime
(courtesy of Jameson Whiskey)
• 50ml of Jameson Irish Whiskey
• Good quality bottled ginger ale
• Large wedge of lime Method
• Fill the glass with ice to the top
• Pour a shot of Jameson
• Fill the glass with a good quality bottled ginger ale
• Stir briefly to mix • Take a large wedge of lime, squeeze it and the drop it into the glass
“May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead”
Irish Coffee (serves 1)
(courtesy of Good Food Ireland)
• 25ml/1fl oz Irish Whiskey
• 1 tablespoon brown raw cane sugar
• 1 heaped tablespoon whipped pouring cream
• 1 hot double espresso with a small measure of hot water to fill the glass Method
• Use warmed coffee glasses and add the whiskey.
• Add the sugar and dissolve in the whiskey. Add the coffee and stir well.
• Whip the cream lightly but still able to pour.
• The lightly whipped cream is carefully poured over the back of a spoon initially held just above the surface of the coffee and gradually raised a little as you pour, the cream should float on top.
• Serve and enjoy, this all Irish Classic.
“May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.”
So wherever you are for whatever you are planning St. Patrick’s Day, I hope that it is spent with family and friends raising a glass to Ireland! And if all of this talk of Ireland is creating a longing to visit our shores than have a look at our Best of Ireland Self Drive 8 Day Tour which will bring you to the highlights of Ireland from the cities of Dublin and Galway to the serenity of Connemara and the beauty of the Burren and so much more!
Inquiretoday and lets start your Irish vacation today!