For Food Lovers, a Winter Warmer: a Guinness Beef Stew Recipe
Posted by Neil Hand on the 22nd of January 2016 at 14:43:47
It is bitter cold outside these days (yes, even here in Ireland!) and we all are in desperate need of some proper winter-warmers. Our absolute favourite is the good old Irish Guinness Beef Stew.
So here it is:
The original Guinness Beef Stew Recipe (Serves 4)
- 200ml of GUINNESS® Foreign Extra Stout
- 400g stewing diced beef
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 1 large carrot - diced
- 1 large celery - diced
- 1 large parsnip - diced
- 1 Litre of thick beef stock
- Sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary
- Champ potato (creamed mash potato and spring onion)
- Stir fry the beef
- Add the vegetables and cook till tender
- Then pour the GUINNESS®and reduce by half
- Add the beef stock and herbs and simmer very slowly for between an hour and an hour and a half.
Serve with thechamp potato and honey roast carrot and parsnip.
Tip:This stew is always better made one day in advance! Now enjoy your Guinness Beef Stew while sitting in front of a open fire place while listening to Irish Music and think of theEmerald Isle :-)
Should you want to know more, don't hesitate tocontact us!