Why I love staying in a B&B!!
Posted by Niamh Allabyrne on the 6th of September 2012 at 09:19:21
If you want to experience the “real” Ireland and meet some locals along the way, there is one perfect accommodation type that I can only recommend: the good old B&B! Believe me, itwill feel like you are staying with friends – only the breakfast is better!
If you still need a good reason to stay at an Irish B&B this summer, here are 5 reasons to make your next vacation in Ireland a B&B one!
1. The Location: There are B&Bs all around Ireland, even in the most remote areas. Many of the Bed & Breakfasts can be found in breath-taking locations with beautiful views ofthe countryside. And there are others that are housed in old Georgian properties in Dublin City Centre. Either way, you can always count on a perfect location!
2. The Choice: There are uncountable Bed & Breakfasts in Ireland. Some traditional, some modern, some with only 1 or 2 guest bedrooms, some with 15, some en-suite some no suite! There is something for every taste and budget – inevery part of the country !!
3. The Warm Welcome:Irish B&B owners not only provide you with a cosy bed, they are also well known for their friendliness and warmth. Always up for a chat, they inviteyou into their home and to be part of their family for a couple of days. During your stay you will be sure to learn all there is to know about the area, the neighbours and aboutIreland in general. You will be pointed to the best pubs and given direction to the local tourist attractions. Where else can you get a service like that?!
4. The Personal Touches:Irish B&Bs truly give you that special “home away from home” feeling. After all you are staying at a slightly extended family house. And the hosts’personal touches can usually be seen everywhere. So expect a very uniquely decorated room which will instantly give you a feeling of comfort.
5. The Yummy Breakfast: Last but not least – food! Important, right?! At a Bed & Breakfast you will traditionally get a breakfast. It’s in the name, duh! Breakfast is normally home-madefrom scratch by your hosts. This is the time when you have the chance to try one of the traditional local breakfast variations and learn even more about the region. But don’t despair if you aren’t a fan of the Irish breakfast. B&Bs can cater for every taste – just ask your hosts!
So what do you think?! Why don’t you take a look at our Accommodation Section and check out the Abbey Lodge B&B in Kerry, Cavangarden House B&B in Donegal or Woodhaven Lodge in Galway? We have lots of attractions and accommodation options in our Custom Tour section, so have at look at it - plan your vacation and book your visit to Ireland your way - stay in a B&B and enjoy a real Irish welcome!